3 observations concerning the Cross:
1. Jesus was placed on a Cross by a people who wanted to remove him from his ability to change a culture. However the Cross has transcended generations and has become the image representing not just a crucified man but an image that grants hope to the hopeless, strength to the weak and grace to those who feel lossed because of His resurrection.
What has been assigned and designed to help you Change a Culture?
2. The Cross was created with God made material. Wood which derives from a tree. But it was manipulated by man to crucify Jesus. While man meant for the cross to kill Jesus it became an image to remind a generation of people of a solution to address the sin condition the world suffered from.
- The difference between a tool and a weapon is not in its look, but how it is used. The value it has is determined by the perspective you adopt. The pandemic like Jesus' death is a weapon that has killed thousands. But the pandemic simultaneously has been a tool to help birth innovation, compassion, desperation and illumination for many. What is a weapon for some is a tool for others.
How can you shift your perspective from being able to see weapons in one hand can be a tool in another hand?
3. The Cross was used to help change a culture, the Cross originally was a weapon for one group has become tool for another. Lastly, the Cross required a submitted life in order for it to have the power to save lives.
What tool was assigned to you to change a culture but requires you to submit your life to?
- It's one thing to use a hammer for a job, it's another thing to use a hammer because your occupation as a mechanic requires your expertise in using that tool.
At the end of the day may these observations regarding the tool of crucifixion lead you to consider what God is using to help you shift a culture.
- The value of being a Christian is found in the truth that our peace is not conditioned by what we are in control of. But our peace is found in the truth that because of Jesus Christ we have access to the God who is always in control.
• Regardless of what is occurring in our nation or in our world try to find peace knowing not only is God always in control but also nothing side swipes God.
- He is Omniscient= All knowing
Omnipotent= All Powerful
Omnipresent= Everywhere at every time.
• There are moments in life where God may allow challenges to occur in your life not out of consequence but so that your faith can revisit past experiences that were God investments made for your future.
• Your life experiences may very well have you in a place where God needs to reminds you:
1. Who God is.
- Who is God to you?
2. What God can do.
- Are you still convinced what is impossible with man is possible with God?
3. What God has in store for you and to do through you.
- What is happening may not be for your destruction but for your reconstruction.
• Some levels of favor is experienced not because we deserve it, but often times God is defending His name sake.
- He is faithful, He is merciful, He is wonderful. God defends His name with the level of favor we experience undeserved.
• As a Christian be careful in getting sucked into the vacuum of emotional compromise.
• One of the greatest epidemics of Christianity today is that we are more aware of Christian culture then we are on world wide events that help us see the prophetic timeline of God's will in motion.
• Don't allow your spirit to suffer in the hands of ignorance because you disregard the need to be sensitive and aware of the times you are living in.
• Be careful in being deceived by the growing rhetoric that prayer is not enough. Just because you did not see or receive exactly what you were praying for does not mean you should take matters into your own hands. It means you must remain steadfast in faith that God sees, God knows, and God will respond if He hasn't already.
• Focus is essential for a purpose driven Christian.
• Ps. 27:4 Focus helps you funnel your desires to direct your attention on what matters the most.
• Matt. 6:33 Focus helps you eliminate factors assigned to choke your purpose.
• Prov. 4:25 Focus helps you accomplish your goals, aspirations and desires in the allotted time projected or sooner.
• A Lack of Focus:
1. Leads to Distraction
2. An open door for Deception
3. Suffering from the weight of Devastation.
4. Creating a reality leading to Destruction.
• Never allow your inconsistency from focus make you think you cannot get refocused.
• Praise God the Holy Spirit comes with an auto focus functionality. If you call on Him He can readjust your vision to help you see what you need to see in order to restore your focus.