Survive the Fight and you will reap the reward
In my opinion survival is only natural for the desperate. In order to survive any form of persecution, opposition, situation or circumstance something has to shift in your mind to lead you to a state of desperation. Desperation grants you access to a reserve of motivation.
What if your motivation lies in the hands of your desperation?
How desperate are you for change?
How desperate are you for something different?
How desperate are you to survive this?
Joshua chapter 1 found himself in a very unfavorable situation. His mentor, father figure and leader Moses had died and he was next in line to take on the responsibility to continue the legacy Moses started. (No pressure, lol)
Joshua possibly unsure of himself, unsure of his future, unsure if the people would follow him like Moses had to make a decision to move forward or coward backward.
You every single day are left with the same decision, will you move forward from here or will you fall backward from here?
Joshua 1:9 the Lord responds to Joshua, "...Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid, neither be dismayed: for the Lord you God is with you wherever you go."
What encouragement does the Lord give to you and I through Joshua?
1. Be strong and of good courage.
- It is to suggest the Lord supplies you and I with strength and courageousness even during seasons of great loss and chaos. Joshua is not in the best of places, but the Lord charges Joshua as He charges you and I to be strong. Be strengthened in the Lord's might. Produce strength in your weakness provided from the grace of God.
You have access to divine strength and courage in your most challenging moments in life.
2. Do not be afraid, neither be dismayed.
- It's understandable to fight with fear and dismay when navigating through a season of uncertainty and discouragement. But the Lord not only grants you and I strength in our weakness but he also gives us reason to be confident while fighting with fear.
3. The Lord God will be with you where ever you go.
- There is no where you can go where the Lord cannot see you nor can reach you. What greater reason to find strength and encouragement then in the confidence of knowing God will be with us wherever we go. He will never leave us nor forsake us.
This moment of strength does not require God withdrawing you from loss or fear. But God can over ride any moment in your life with the confidence brought on by His un wavering commitment to be with us.
Be encouraged and do not be dismayed, the Lord God Almighty is with you wherever you go.