📜Romans 3:16 📜
Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
🔹️In my opinion from my experience, a growing issue in our churches lie in the issue with slothfulness in zeal. Another way to see it is being apathetic, lethargic, passive and callous regarding the things of God.
Apathy has been played out in our:
❗Discipline in Prayer
❗Versatility in Worship through Song
❗Consistency in Giving and Serving
❗Study and Preparation to minister God's Word
⁉️What is the cause⁉️
I'm sure there are a number of factors and all are different based on context and condition.
However, I'm sure we all can agree God deserves and desires greater zeal from our lives.
So what do you do when you fight with being slothful in your zeal?
1️⃣. Make small changes to create new habits.
- Your habits are either feeding on or feeding you for a passionate service to God. If you're struggling with motivation maybe it's time to develop new habits to reignite that 💥fire💥.
2️⃣. Acknowledge your achievements.
- 🥇trophies and successful accomplishments🏆 are not designed to feed your ego, their designed to fuel your passion, to pursue your burdens and convictions. What else can I render to God that transcends what I've accomplished in life/ministry up to this point?
3️⃣. Revisit a ctaft you used to love.
- Have you been guilty filling a void that has become so tedious its more like work then something that brings you fulfillment? Void filling is the quickest way to burn out and lazy labor. It's time to recalibrate and reset on where you should be directing your efforts towards.
4️⃣. Swap 🧠negative thoughts for positive ones🧠.
- The reason why some people are pessimistic is because they pick up a set of 🧐lenses🧐 and see the world through them which draws them to respond negatively. The prison is that they justify their paradigm by calling themselves a realist.
❗BUT REALIST WHO FUNCTIONS WITH NO SPACE FOR FAITH IS A PRISONER AND SLAVE TO THE PAST❗
- Optimists see through 🧐lenses🧐 that provide the space of possibility. They find excitement and thrill in the space of possibility.
- Swap your perspective with a different set of 🧐lenses🧐. Find optimism in what you have yet to see disregarding the idea that you think you've seen it all already.
5️⃣. Step out of your comfort zone.
- You've occupied that space because it brought you comfort, confidence and courage. But now it is fueling your COMPLACENCY. If you want to get freed from the prison you've created then you have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone.
- Try something new, walk afraid but walk in faith. Truth is, God is already waiting for you on the other side of it.
6️⃣. Change your 🌅scenery🌅.
- Your environment has the power to ❄freeze❄ you in place SUCKING the life from what fuels your passion and 💥fire💥. Take a break from the monotony of where you serve or lead and engage with other cultures of people to ignite and trigger new found excitement.
Changing your scenery, can change your outlook.
7️⃣. Identify the root cause of your apathy
- What brought you here? What caused it?
This is not the time to scapegoat why you struggle with apathy. This is the time to use discernment and take ownership.
⚠️You allowed yourself to get lazy with God.
⚠️You allowed yourself to get slothful in zeal.
⚠️You allowed yourself to get lethargic in your ministry and service.
- While boredom is a common emotion it doesn't have to lead to a compromise in your ministry and service. 🔹️Identify the root
🔹️address the problem
🔹️create a strategy to deal with it if it comes back again i.e(sabbath, vacation, break, a moment to selah)
The Future needs Fervent Leaders.
Serve the Lord with joy and excitement.